Paweł Michalak is a co-founder and managing partner at MKZ. In his prior experience as a partner at another Warsaw-based law office, he was responsible for the capital investment and real estate department. Mr. Michalak is also a lecturer on intellectual property at the Polish-Japanese Institute of Information Technology in Warsaw.
Mr. Michalak has in-depth knowledge and experience in the protection of intellectual property and personal data, especially in connection with ongoing or planned investment processes, including those by foreign investors. He offers legal support in implementation of new technologies, including implementation of R&D projects at IT companies, online platforms and retailers. Mr. Michalak has experience in capital investments and corporate law. He works with investment funds and the founders of start-ups by providing legal assistance in developing start-up projects. Mr. Michalak’s practice also includes preparation and negotiation of contracts in the following industries: new technology, big-box retailers and highway, rail and building construction.
He has further provided counseling to domestic and international corporations in a series of significant real estate transactions. He has managed teams working on establishing consortia, preparation of offers and applications for participation in proceedings. Mr. Michalak has extensive experience in projects involving purchase and acquisition of real estate, including reprivatization, commercialization and restructuring.
He also provides consulting in disputes with banks.
Mr. Michalak speaks English.
- Warsaw Bar Association
- Maria Curie-Skłodowska University in Lublin, Faculty of Law and Administration, Major: Law
Portfolio / publications /achievements
- Legal advice to a leading global appliance manufacturer for securing acquisition of intellectual property rights in a complex premium product promotion project
- Comprehensive advisory to e-commerce company launching a trading platform
- Advising a state fund in implementing a business management platform
- Advising start-up entrepreneurs in establishing capital structures and corporate start-up ventures
- Corporate governance experience—currently a Supervisory Board member of a new technology company
- Comprehensive counseling for leading international big-box retailer (foreign investor) with respect to investment in Poland, including the purchase of real estate
- Advising a holding in securing a real estate capital investment transaction
- Advising state bank on procurement procedures pursuant to the public procurement law
- Advising a state fund on expenditure regulatory compliance, including EU funds
- Advising Poland’s largest and the European Union’s second-largest rail freight operator regarding railway infrastructure
- Representing one of Poland’s largest construction materials manufacturers in disputes arising in connection with the construction process
- Advising highway construction company in disputes with the general contractor and subcontractors
- Representing a public-sector financial entity in litigation before the National Board of Appeal
- Successful representation of clients in disputes with banks stemming from loan agreements
- Lecturer at the Polish-Japanese University of Technology in Warsaw in the field of intellectual property rights