Marta Pomykaj specialized in Intellectual Property law, combating unfair competition and personal rights protection. In Office Marta is responsible for preparing opinions and negotiating of agreements, preparing legal opinions and represents clients before courts and public administrative authorities.
- Warsaw Bar Association: trainee advocate
- Faculty of Law and Administration at the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń, Major: law
- Humanistic Department at the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń, Major: sociology
Portfolio / publications / achievements
- Providing legal advice in the area of trademarks protection for numerous Polish and foreign companies (including also analysis of the registration capacity of a trade mark)
- Drafting, verifying and negotiating agreements (in particular IP agreements)
- Legal assistance concerning the protection of personal rights of clients from the world of media and show business
- Preparing case or written and legal opinions in the scope of combating unfair competition
- Comprehensive legal advice for the numberless cultural institutes
- Compliance project for one of the largest Polish public companies
- Conducting trainings in the field of intellectual property and protection of personal rights for an artist, entrepreneurs and public and private institutions
During studies, Marta worked for many years as President of the Circle of Intellectual Property Law “Niematerialni” Faculty of Law and Administration at the Nicolaus Copernicus University. Marta is speaker and an organizer of a national conferences in the areas of copyright, industrial property right, unfair competition and personal rights protection.
In 2016 Marta won the largest academic competition concerning Intellectual Property – “IP Challenge”. In 2017 Marta’s master thesis titled “Multidimensional nature of use of trade mark” was awarded in the competition for the best master thesis of Faculty of Law and Administration at the Nicolaus Copernicus University.
In addition, Marta is involved in initiatives aimed at popularizing knowledge and raising public awareness of the use of legal sources of culture. Marta’s activities in this area have already been appreciated several times by, among others, the Patent Office of the Republic of Poland, the Minister of Culture and National Heritage and the Legal Culture Foundation.
In 2018, a spot co-created by Marta, aimed at encouraging the use of legal sources of culture, was awarded at the 43rd Polish Feature Film Festival in Gdynia.
copyright law, industrial property law, unfair competition law, media / advertisement law, consumer rights protection, protection of personal rights, litigation.