Creative work is subject to legal protection regardless of whether the author has completed any formalities. Oftentimes, copyrights constitute an extremely valuable material and nonmaterial good that requires protection the appropriate management of which can bring measurable benefits. MKZ employs a comprehensive copyright practice. Our attorneys are recognized experts in this field who share their experience in the media and through lectures. We advise clients how to properly secure and manage copyrights and what to avoid in copyright agreements. MKZ has successfully supported artists and performers in securing their rights and receiving compensatory awards for violations.
Our services include protection of:
- artistic work, including literary works, paintings and sculptures, audio-visual works and computer programming
- work products
- managing copyrights and related rights, as well as licensing agreements
- litigation before common courts and mediators
- negotiations and mediations
- liaison with copyright collection societies